“Can you tell me how to transfer and play MKV on iPhone 14 Pro Max? I have received my new phone – Apple iPhone 14 Pro Max, I want to play my downloaded movies with iPhone 14 Pro Max, these videos are in MKV video format, after I synced MKV to iPhone 14 Pro Max, I found the iPhone 14 Pro Max can’t read MKV videos, it seems that MKV video format is not supported by iPhone 14 Pro Max, can you help me?”
As more and more people got newly released iPhone 14 Pro Max, many problems occurred, one of the most is video playback problem. Owners of iPhone 14/13/12 Pro Max or newer understand MKV is totally excluded from iPhone 14/13/12 Pro Max supported video list. From Apple official page you will know that iPhone 14/13/12 Pro Max only supports HEVC, H.264, MPEG‑4 Part 2, and Motion JPEG playback, other formats can’t be played. No wonder MKV player apps, especially the famous VLC, have a high profile among iPhone 14/13/12 Pro Max users, particularly when a majority of MKV files nowadays are encoded with DivX or Xvid. Don’t jump the gun. Here’re 5 reasons why you’d better rely on AVI converter rather than VLC to cope with MKV video playback problem on iPhone 14/13/12 Pro Max.
1. Wi-Fi is needed. Computer with MKV files and the iPhone 14/13/12 Pro Max need to be on the same Wi-Fi network.
2. MKV video might be bogged down to choppy playback on iPhone 14/13/12 Pro Max due to the unstable Wi-Fi connection.
3. VLC won’t play MKV file and results in no audio or picture issue. This is down to the weird codec that VLC won’t support.
4. MKV is non-standard to encode aspect ratio information according to Wikipedia. This leads to the failure for players to select the right aspect ratio and results in black bars during the playback on some screens such as iPhone.
5. MKV files, if uncompressed, are large in size as compared to MP4, MOV, M4V or other formats. They eat some serious storage space on iPhone 14/13/12 Pro Max. Unless you own a larger capacity iPhone, you’d better re-encode MKV file to MP4, MOV or other more compressed video format for iPhone 14/13/12 Pro Max.
Best Video Converter for iPhone 14/13/12 Pro Max
Due to the nature of video compression, MKV to iPhone 14/13/12 Pro Max conversion, re-encoding the existing MKV video with another codec iPhone 14/13/12 Pro Max supports, will involve in some loss of quality. This terrifies many users from downloading MKV converter software. But as long as you use a fairly high-quality video transcoder and have a hi-q MKV file, the quality loss won’t be noticed with the naked eyes.
Acrok Video Converter Ultimate can help you to convert MKV formats to iPhone 14/13/12 Pro Max compatible format. If you want to play your Blu-ray and DVD discs on iPhone 14/13/12 Pro Max, this software will be helpful. It is the best all-in-one video conversion software and BD ripping program. With this software, you can convert Blu-ray, DVD, MKV, AVI, WMV, FLV, MTS, VOB and other formts to any format for playing, sharing and editing. Just do as the following steps then you will know how to play MKV on iPhone 14/13/12 Pro Max.
MKV to iPhone 14/13/12 Pro Max supported format conversion steps:
1. Download Video Converter for iPhone 14/13/12 Pro Max, if you use Mac, you can download Acrok Video Converter Ultimate for Mac.
2. Install and launch the MKV to iPhone 14/13/12 Pro Max Converter. Load MKV to Acrok software.
3. Click the profile column and choose MP4 as the output format. This format is perfectly supported by all iPhone models. You can also choose MOV, M4V or others according to your need.
4. Click convert button to start video conversion. This best iPhone 14/13/12 Pro Max MKV Converter will convert your downloaded movies to MP4 videos with high quality.
How to transfer movies to from PC to iPhone 14/13/12 Pro Max?
After converting MKV file to the format that is compatible with iPhone 14/13/12 Pro Max, the next question is how to transfer that converted video to iPhone 14/13/12 Pro Max. The process is quite effortlessly with the help of iTunes. iTunesis the solution for you to achieve the simple video / music / Photo to smartphones transfer.
How to transfer converted ovies to iPhone 14/13/12 Pro Max with iTunes?
1. Install and run iTunes as Video to iPhone 14/13/12 Pro Max Transfer on your PC
2. Connect your iPhone 14/13/12 Pro Max to PC
3. Click “Restore From Backups” > “PC”
4. Select movies that you plan to sync to your device
5. Click “Start Transfer” button to sync converted MKV movies to your iPhone 14/13/12 Pro Max