“Can I play movies on Sony PlayStation 4 (PS4) from USB Flash Drive? I have got the Sony PS4 video game console two days ago, now I want to play movies on my HDTV via PS4, I have collected some movies on my computer, they are in MKV, WMV, AVI, MTS, and MP4 format, are they supported by Sony PS4 form USB Flash Drive? Thanks!”
Sony PS4 is released in more and more countries, many fans have got this striking video game console, with it, we can play latest games on HDTV’s big screen. The Sony PS4 equipped with semi-custom-8-core AMD CPU, and the hard diver is 500GB, the memory is 8GB GDDR5, you can get better enjoyment with the improvement of hardware.
How to play movies on Sony PS4 via USB Flash Drive? After you received the PS4 or PS4 Pro, you may also want to play Blu-rays, DVD, as well as HD movies in MKV, AVI, WMV, MOV, MP4 and other formats on PS4, now in this article you will learn how to play movies on PS4 via USB Flash Drive.
Update: Sony has released the PS4 Pro in October 2016, if you have got the Sony PS4 Pro and also want to play movies on Sony PS4 Pro from USB, you can also follow the guide below.
To play movies on PlayStation 4 (Pro), first you will need to know which video format is supported by PS4 (Pro), only supported video format can be played on Sony PS4. From Sony PS4 product page we can learn that MP4 video format is best supported by PS4 (Pro), so we just need to convert MKV, AVI, WMV, FLV, MOV, MTS and other formats to MP4, we can play them on PS4 (Pro) freely.
To convert videos to compatible format for PS4 (Pro), you will need a PS4 Video Converter, here we recommend you to take a free try on Acrok Video Converter Ultimate for Mac or Windows, this converter can help you to convert nearly all the video formats to PS4 supported format, and then you can copy movies to USB Flash Drive and then play on PS4. Please follow the steps below.
1. Free download Acrok Video Converter Ultimate, install this software on your computer, launch it as the best video converter for Sony PS4 (Pro). This software will help you to convert videos between rich formats, such as MKV, AVI, WMV, FLV, MOV, F4V, MP4, MPG, etc. what’s more, it can rip latest Blu-ray and DVD disc movies to any formats you need, you can convert video files to supported format of PS4 (Pro) or other playable devices.
2. After you launched the software, you will see the brief main interface, now you can click add button to import the videos that you want to convert, you can also loading them by dragging and dropping.
3. Choose the output format. As MP4 is the best supported format for PS4 (Pro), so you can choose MP4 format here, besides MP4 format is the best compatible format for portable devices like tablets or smartphones.
4. If you want to customize the output parameters, you can click settings button on the main interface, and then you can adjust the parameters like resolution, frame rate, bitrate, etc.
5. Click convert button to start the conversion.
This Sony PS4 Video converter will convert movies to MP4 format for PlayStation 4 (Pro), NVIDIA CUDA and AMD APP acceleration technology is supported, so the software will convert files at a fast speed, when the conversion finished, you can copy movies to USB Flash Drive, and then you can follow the steps below to play movies:
Insert USB Flash Drive into USB port, turn PS4 on and then go to the main menu, select “Video” and find your USB Flash Drive, select “Display All” to see the video files that exists on your PS4, please choose the file that you want to transfer and press the triangle button, choose “Copy” and confirm the transferring, the movies are transferred to your PS4 hard drive, and then you can play movies on HDTV via PS4 from USB Flash Drive.
You must be logged in to post a comment.