In this article you will know the way to import Canon VIXIA HF R62 to FCP X, if you have used Canon VIXIA HF R62 recorded some AVCHD MTS files, you can follow the method to convert Canon HF R62 files to FCP X native supported apple prores codec.
Not long ago canon released its new camcorder, the VIXIA HF R62. This is powerful camcorder on the market, it equipped with DIGIC DV 4 Image Processor and 3.28MP Full HD CMOS Sensor, which can help you to record Full HD 1920 x 1080p video to SD/SDHC/SDXC memory card. With Canon HF R62, you can capture AVCHD MTS files or MP4 files, you can record videos up to 1080/60p, MP4 videos are capture at bitrate up to 35 Mbps, and AVCHD MTS videos are recorded up to 28 Mbps.
Import Canon HF R62 AVCHD MTS to FCP X
You may have recorded some AVCHD MTS videos with Canon HF R62, have you encountered problems when you import them into Final Cut Pro X? On the forums, many users are complaining that FCP X can’t import Canon HF R62 recorded AVCHD MTS files, and they want a solution to this, because FCP X is the most popular video editing program on Mac and they need to use FCP X to edit the footages. In this case, how can we import Canon HF R62 AVCHD MTS videos to FCP X and edit smoothly? Here we have the best method for you, that’s to convert Canon HF R62 AVCHD to Apple prores 422 codec MOV format, because apple prores codec is the best supported codec of FCP X, with this codec you won’t have any importing or editing issues.
Download Canon HF R62 to FCP X converter
You will need a Canon HF R62 to FCP X converter to help you to transcode Canon HF R62 AVCHD MTS files to apple prores codec MOV format, here we recommend the best Canon HF R62 to FCP X converter for you, the program is Acrok HD Video Converter for Mac, this powerful software will help you to convert any HD videos to FCP X native supported apple prores codec, it also has many optimized formats for other video editing programs and playable devices, such as DNxHD codec for Avid Media Composer, WMV/MOV for Adobe Premiere Pro CC/CS6/CS5, Apple InterMediate Codec for iMovie, etc. you can choose the one you need.
Convert Canon HF R62 AVCHD MTS to Apple ProRes for FCP X
1. Free download Acrok HD Video Converter for Mac, install this software on your computer. This software also has Windows version, you can also use it to convert videos on Windows PC.
2. Launch this Canon HF R62 to FCP X converter, you will see its main interface, you can drag and drop the footages to the software, or you can click “Add Files” button to import the Canon HF R62 recordings.
3. After you imported the videos, please click format bar to choose output format. As apple prores codec is the best codec for FCP X, just click Final Cut Pro -> Apple ProRes 422 (*.mov) to output. In the format column you will also see many other formats that you can choose, if you need to convert videos to other formats, just choose according to your need, it can help you to convert AVCHD to FCP X, convert AVCHD to FCP 7, etc.
4. You can customize the output parameters in “Settings”, it is available to adjust the resolution, bitrate, frame rate, etc. if you don’t need to adjust you can skip this step.
5. Click convert button on the main interface, the Canon HF R62 to FCP X conversion will begin.
Acrok HD Video Converter for Mac will convert your videos at top speed with high quality, when the Canon HF R62 AVCHD MTS files are converted, you can import them to FCP X and edit without problems.