“I have hours of 6K footage acquired on a new Z CAM E2-F6. Resulting files are in the .MP4 format. How can I convert the original .mp4 files to Final Cut Pro X native editing format? I don’t want to spend too much time on rendering video. Thanks in advance, guys.”
“When I try and import MOV files from my new Z CAM E2-F6 into FCO Xit crashes. What do I have to do to be able to edit my Z CAM E2-F6 videos in FCP X?”
Z-Cam has released a downloadable clip from their new E2-F6 Full Frame 6K camera. The footage was shot using an SLR Magic APO-HyperPrime CINE 25mm T2. The downloadable 6064 × 3196 / 2.278GB clip, while short, still shows the potential of this camera. The existing camera features a 4/3″ sensor with 10-bit color support and up to 16 stops of dynamic range in WDR mode. The camera supports recording in ProRes 422 in 10-bit, as well as h.265 and h.264 codecs.
Before uploading Z CAM E2-F6 toogate to YouTube or posting them on Facebook, many people like to edit the 6K or 4K videos. However, many people have been having a problem when importing Z CAM E2-F6 recorded video to FCP X. The audio doesn’t import, the video is clunky and choppy. Sometimes the video plays upside down and every time I make a minor change I have to render again, which takes forever! What’s matter? How to fix the issue? Read on to find it out.
When importing and editing Z CAM E2-F6 6K or 4K H.265 videos in Final Cut Pro X, users always encounter video and audio problems, as .mp4 format is efficient, but simply isn’t engineered to maintain quality during complex post production effects processing. Uncompressed 6K format delivers superior image quality, but data rates and file sizes can stop a workflow dead in its tracks. Well, Apple ProRes format delivers both efficiency and quality without compromises. So, before transferring Z CAM E2-F6 6K or 4K H.265 files to Final Cut Pro X, you’d better convert H.265 to ProRes codec for smoothly editing.
Best Tool to Convert Z CAM E2-F6 6K H.265 to ProRes on Mac
The catch is that not all transcoders can encode Z CAM E2-F6 footage to ProRes codecs. And the choices are further narrowed down because you need a transcoder that is coming with its own codecs rather than just relying on those built into the operating system. I’ve yet to find a good free transcoder that meets those requirements, but there are some paid apps that can do it.
The world of paid video transcoding apps is quite a mess. Some are very good, but some are downright dodgy. If you don’t want to be held back by slow and complicated process, Acrok Video Converter Ultimate for Mac is there for you. It bridges this gap by providing one of the simplest user interfaces, and the pre-configured presets that you can use to transcode H.265 MP4/H.265 MOV or any other video format to Final Cut Pro X supported video format without any hurdles or complications. This software also comes with a Windows version for those who want to encode H.265 to ProRes on Windows 11 or lower.
Acrok Video Converter Ultimate for Mac – Best H.265 to FCP X Converter
– Supports all the types of Apple ProRes codec for different use – Apple ProRes 4444, Apple ProRes 422 (HQ), Apple ProRes 422, Apple ProRes 422 (LT), and Apple ProRes 422 (Proxy)
– Batch conversion from various formats including but not limited to MP4, MTS, MKV, AVCHD, AVI, VOB, MOV, H.264, HEVC/H.265 to ProRes codec in only three simple clicks.
– Convert Z CAM E2-F6 6K/4K files with optimized presets for Final Cut Pro, iMovie, Avid Media Composer, Premiere Pro, DaVinci Resolve and more software.
– Edit Z CAM E2-F6 video files with trimming, cropping, cutting, merging, adding subtitle, etc.
– Supported OS: Windows 11/10/8/7/XP/Vista, Mac OS 12 (Monterey), 11.0 (Big Sur), 10.15 (Catalina), 10.14, 10.13, 10.12, 10.11, 10.10, 10.9, 10.8, 10.7, 10.6.
How to convert Z CAM E2-F6 Video to edit in FCP X
1. Free download H.265 to FCP X Converter, install and run this Z CAM 6K Video Converter, then click “Add file” button to add source Z CAM E2-F6 video files, or you could simply drag-and-drop the file.
2. Select “Final Cut Pro” > “Apple ProRes 422 (*.mov)” or “Apple ProRes 4444 (*.mov)” from the format drop-down menu. The output video seamlessly fits Final Cut Pro X, FCP 7, FCP 6.
3. To make the original quality of Z CAM E2-F6 video will be kept, you have to customize proper video/audio parameters. Just clicking “Settings” button, Video size, bitrate and fame rate are flexible and can be adjusted as you like. Please celect “Orginal” in “Resolution (pix)” column.
4. Click “Edit” icon then you’ll see Trim, Crop, 3D, Effect, Watermark, Subtitles and Audio 7 video editing functions as follows. You can trim your favorite part from the video to convert for more fun.
5. Click “Convert” button to convert Z CAM E2-F6 6K H.265 video to Final Cut Pro X friendly format, after the conversion is finished, you can access converted files by click “Open”.
You’re done! Now you can easily open and edit Z CAM E2-F6 6K H.265 videos in Final Cut Pro X without problems.