Could not figure out the correct workflow between Sony XAVC files and Adobe Premiere Pro CC? No worry, this article explores the best workaround to import XAVC to Premiere Pro CC by accessing format transcoding.
XAVC format provides 4K/HD, 4:4:4/4:2:2/4:2:0 and 12/10/8 bit sampling which can cover a wide range of applications from professional to consumer products, from high-end 4K production through to online streaming and consumer imaging applications. We can record 4K and 1080P XAVC footage with Sony camcorders, such as Sony VENICE, PMW-F55, PMW-F55, Sony PXW-X70, Sony PXW-FS7, Sony FX6, Sony FX3, Sony PXW-X500 and more. How to make better use of these valuable materials? Sharing them online? You may need to edit it with professional ediitng software before uploading it to hot video sharing websites, such as YouTube, Vimeo, TikTok, Facebook Watch, Twitch, DailyMotion etc. As the biggest editor in Windows system, Premiere Pro has a huge user base. We always get the “generic error” message when we tried to get Premiere Pro to recognize XAVC files. That is, the XAVC files cannot be imported. In fact, the import is very simple. Next, let’s look at the solution.
The supported import formats of Premiere ProCC include DV, MPEG, M2TS, MOV, XAVC, MP4, etc. And among them, XAVC is one of Premiere Pro CC supported video format, but not all XAVC files are supported. If you check further you will see that only XAVC file with ARRIRAW codec is supported by Premiere Pro. This will cause incompatibility issue to XAVC with other codecs when trying to importing the 4K or 1080P file to Premiere Pro. In such a case, to make sure the compatible XAVC editing, you can transcode the XAVC into an intermediate codec which Premiere Pro CC, CS6 and CS5 can accept like MPEG-2, H.264, ProRes, etc.
Then, the most important thing is that you need a best XAVC to Premiere Pro Converter software to convert XAVC to Premeire Pro supported video format. Acrok Video converter Ultimate will help you.
Best XAVC to Premiere Pro Converter – Acrok Video Covnerter Ultimate
- Convert the unsupported XAVC to Premiere Pro supported video formats like MPEG-2, H.264, etc for successfully editing any XAVC file on Premiere Pro CC.
- Convert XAVC to MOV, AVI, MKV, MP4, ProRes, AIC, DNxHD, H.264, H.265, VOB, and other video formats or codecs supported by other soft-wares and devices.
- Convert XAVC and other recorded MXF, MTS, MOV, MP4 video to YouTube, Facebook, Vimeo, TikTok, Twitch, DailyMotion supported format and resolution.
- Edit any XAVC video files with cropping, trimming, merging, adding watermarks, and adding special effects.
- The export format can be well supported by editing software, you’ll can edit any 8K, 6K, 5K, 4K, HD videos in Final Cut Pro, Vegas Pro, Premiere Pro, DaVinci Resolve, Avid Media Composer, etc.
- Support to watch and play any XAVC video formats with the built-in media player.
- Rip and convert Blu-ray, DVD to any video format, any audio format, any digital device.
- Compress Large 4K/HD Video With Good Quality-Size Tradeoff
- Covnert 4K and 1080P MKV, MOV, AVI, MP4, WMV movies for playing on tablet, smartphone, smart tv, etc.
- Easy to use and friendly interface.
- No virus and advertise during the period of conversion.
How to Convert XAVC to Premiere Pro on Windows 11 or macOS 12?
Step by step guide to convert XAVC to Premiere Pro CC more supported H.264, MPEG-2, WMV3 for successfully editing any XAVC file from any digital camcorder in Premiere Pro CC.
Make Preparation: Free download XAVC to Premiere Pro Converter
Hot searchs: import xavc into premeire pro, edit xavc in premiere pro, convert xavc for premiere pro, open xavc in premiere pro, convert xavc to mpeg-2 for premiere pro
1. Add XAVC videos
Free download the best XAVC to Premiere Pro CC Converter – Acrok Video Converter Ultimate (for Mac, for Windows), install and launch this video conversion software on your computer, the following interface will pop up. Firstly, click the “Add file” button to import the XAVC (.mxf) file to the software.
2. Select Premiere Pro CC supported video format
Click “Format” button to set Premiere Pro more supported video format like H.264 as the final output format from “Editing Software” category. If you like, you can select MPEG-2 MPG and WMV3 WMV as output format.
Tip: With its easy-to-use interface, you can customize your own videos in a convenient way. Meanwhile, Acrok Video Converter Ultimate can not only support batch conversion that enables you to convert videos in several minutes, but also allow to do some settings for your videos with built-in editing functions. In a word, Acrok Video Converter Ultimate would be a good choice for you to convert videos for video editing software with high quality. You can edit all videos in Premiere Pro in no time!
3. Convert XAVC to Premiere Pro
Finally, click the “Convert” button and it will convert XAVC files to Premiere Pro best supported H.264 format immediately.
You’re done! Now you will find how it’s easy to make engaging movies with XAVC files in Premiere Pro CC.
Tip: Acrok Video Converter Ultimate is equipped with a built-in simple and lightweight video editor. And it takes only a few minutes for all novices to personalize your video quickly and easily with the built-in video editor including Trim & Crop Video, Apply Effects, Add Watermark / Subtitle, Adjust Volume, etc.