I recently purchased the Sony a7sIII and after importing my MP4 video to my Premiere Pro CC it’s not playing my videos like it does with my Sony A7III. Can someone explain why this is so? Why is my A7III MP4 playable but not my A7sIII when both are MP4 formats? – Thomas, Kevin
Several months ago, I got this Sony a7 S III camera, I use it to take photos when I travel, and use its excellent 4K recording feature to record happy time. I’d like to edit my recordings with Premiere Pro CC and upload the edited video to YouTube, but I was frustrated that Sony a7 S III MP4 could not be imported into Premiere Pro CC. What should I do? – Gisel, Justin
Sony a7S III is essentially a native 4K camera with impressive video specs and a revised user interface. It can capture UHD 4K footage at up to 120p in 10-bit 4:2:2 encoding and promises 16-bit Raw video output. Additionally, two codecs have also been developed: XAVC HS, which uses HEVC/H.265 encoding to retain more detail at smaller bitrates, and XAVC S-I, which is an intraframe codec for consistent performance and quality at bitrates up to 600 Mb/s. H.265/XAVC HS it’s not supported by Premiere Pro CC well, and Premiere Pro CC best supported video format is MPEG-2 .mpg format. In order to edit Mp4 video in Premiere Pro CC, the best method is to convert H.265/XAVC HS to MPEG-2 codec MPG format first, and then we can edit Sony a7 S III 4K footage in Premiere Pro CC freely.
After googling, I was recommended to transcode H.265/XAVC HS videos to MPG for Premiere Pro CC with Acrok Video Converter Ultimate (For Windows | For Mac). It is the right driver for Sony a7 S III 4K videos to Premiere Pro CC, CS6, CS5, etc. Below are some guides for you to convert Sony a7 S III videos to for Premeire Pro CC.
How to convert Sony a7 S III to MPEG-2 for editing in Premiere Pro CC?
1. Free Download Acrok Video Converter Ultimate, this 4K Video Converter can help you convert Sony a7 S III footage to Premiere Pro CC supported video format, more output formats are also supported, such as MKV, AVI, H.264 MP4, ProRes, etc.
2. Install this H.265 Video Converter on your computer. Click “Add file” icon to import Sony a7 S III recorded .mp4 files to the software.
3. For editing Sony a7 S III H.265/XAVC HS files in Premiere Pro CC, you can click “Format” and choose Editing Software -> Adobe MPEG-2 (*.mpg). Of course, you can select MOV and WMV as the output format too.
4. You can click settings button to customize output parameters for editing Sony a7S III videos in Premiere Pro CC as you want, such as codec, resolution, etc. it’s good to keep the parameters as original.
5. Edit Video with A Built-in Video Editor. Equipped with a simple and lightweight video editor, which can meet all your basic demands of video/audio editing.
6. Just click “Convert button to start changing Sony a7S III H.265/XAVC HS videos. After conversion, you can import converted video to imovie and edit Sony a7S III footage with Premiere Pro CC without any problems. Just enjoy yourself.