Your Android TV refuses to play some MKV files, displaying an unhelpful codec error message “file format not supported”? This article aims to help you out. Here we will present a solution to playing MKV on Android TV from USB with ease.
Nowadays, many users like to use the big screen, such as TCL Android TV, to enjoy their favorite movies compared with on the small screen of a mobile. However, no matter on a mobile or on Android TV, the video incompatibility issue is unavoidable, since either the mobile or the Android TV does not support to play any video format or any codec wrapped within the container format. For example, when users try to play MKV files on Android TV, sometimes they succeed while sometimes they fail.
As far as we know, even these latest 4K Sony, Sharp, Hisense, Skyworth, Philips and TCL Android TVs have limitations. If your Android TV failed to play some MKV files, it may due to th video audio codcs, resolution, etc. And the best format that Android TV can support is H.264 MP4. So if you want to watch MKV movie on Android TV from USB, you’ll need to convert MKV to MP4 and then add the converted video to Android TV for playing via USB port.
To accomplish the task, you need to seek help from a MKV Video converter that supports SD, HD, 1080P and even 4K. Here Acrok MKV to Android TV Converter is highly recommended to help you achieve your task. The program can help you change almost any popular file format including MKV, MOV, AVI, WebM, VOB, etc. to Android TV compatible video format with fast encoding speed and excellent output quality. After the conversion, you can easily playback your MKV movie files on Android TV.
If you’re using a Mac, please turn to the Mac MKV to Android TV Converter. Just get the right version and follow the guide below to convert MKV to Android TV supported video formats.
20% OFF Coupon Code: ACRO-LD93-NLID
Convert and play MKV on Android TV supported video formats
Step 1: Launch the MKV to Android TV Converter. Click the Add Files button on the main interface to import .mkv files to the app. This converter supports batch conversion, so you can add a pile of videos to enjoy the fast conversion speed.
Step 2: Click Format and choose MP4 as the output format on the Format > Common Video list.
Step 3: Press on “Convert” to start encoding MKV files to Android TV compatible video. When conversion completes, press on “Open” to locate converted videos.
Add the converted files to USB flash drive and then transfer to your Android TV set for enjoyment.
MKV to Android TV Converter – Acrok Video Converter Ultimate
- Acrok Video Converter Ultimate is a professional MKV to Android TV converter which can easily convert the unsupported MKV to Android TV supported H.264 MP4, H.264 MOV, etc and after this, users can successfully play the converted MKV on their Android TVs.
- Besides, this MKV to Android TV converter can also support to convert other unsupported FLV, WTV, MTS, M2TS, AVI, MP4, MXF etc to any Android TV supported video format for the compatible playback.
- More powerful is that this MKV to Android TV converter enables to convert the unsupported video format to any other TV, mobile, media player or video editor supported video formats and the supported video playing applications and editing programs include but not limit to Sony TV, Samsung TV, LG TV, Panasonic TV, Vizio TV, Apple TV, Toshiba TV, iPhone, iPad, iPod, Android, Sony Vegas, iMovie, FCP, Windows Media Player, QuickTime, VLC, etc.
- Also, this MKV to Android TV converter supports to convert between any two video formats, any two audio formats and one video format to one audio format.
- Except the video conversion function, this MKV to Android TV converter is also developed with powerful video playback and editing features supporting to directly play any added video file and edit any added video file with editing features: crop, trim, split, rotate, merge, change video codec, resolution, frame rate, bitrate, sample rate, volume, etc.
Best Android TVs in 2021
1. Hisense H8G Quantum
2. Sony X800H
3. Hisense H9G Quantum
4. Skyworth Q20300
5. Philips 5000 Series
6. Sony X950H
7. Sony A8H
8. TCL 3-Series