“How to convert Sony MXF to Apple ProRes 422 codec for final cut pro X editing? I have a Sony XDCAM camcorder which records videos in .mxf video format, I want to import Sony MXF files to final cut pro X and edit natively, but MXF format is not supported by final cut pro. From Apple FCP official page I know I need to convert Sony MXF to Apple ProRes 422 codec, which is native codec for FCP, can you recommend software that can do this? Thanks!”
Recently many users have the problem to import Sony/Canon/Panasonic MXF files to final cut pro on Mac, after they have recorded 1080p full HD MXF videos, they find the FCP X/7/6 can’t support MXF video format. What’s the reason? The main reason is that the MXF video codec not supported by final cut pro X/7/6 on Mac. On Apple FCP product page, you will learn that FCP best supported video codec is Apple ProRes 422 codec MOV format, only this format can’t be imported and edited perfectly.
How to convert Sony/Canon/Panasonic MXF to Apple ProRes 422 codec?
You have learned that convert MXF to Apple ProRes 422 is an effective way for FCP editing, but which software can supports Sony/Canon/Panasonic MXF to Apple ProRes conversion? On the market, there are many common video converter, but most of can’t support MXF format, either. In this case, you must take a free try on our HD Video Converter for Mac software, this is professional MXF video converter optimized by our specialists. It will help you to convert Sony/Canon/Panasonic MXF to Apple ProRes 422 codec with no quality lose. Besides, it can convert MXF to many formats, such as MKV, AVI, WMV, MOV, FLV, MP4, etc. and then you can edit your MXF footages or play them easily.
Is it easy to use this Sony/Canon/Panasonic MXF to Apple ProRes converter?
This program is very easy to use, even if you have not used any converter software, you can get your MXF video files converted in just few clicks. Here are step-by-step guide for you.
1. Free download Sony/Canon/Panasonic MXF to Apple ProRes 422 converter from our website, and then please install it on your Mac computer.
2. Launch this MXF to Apple ProRes 422 converter, and import your MXF video files, you can just drag and drop the footages to the software. Besides MXF video format, you can also import MKV, AVI, WMV, MOV, MP4, AVCHD, MTS, M2TS, FLV or other formats to the software to convert.
3. Click format bar to choose output format that supported by FCP. Just click and choose Apple ProRes 422 for output, it’s best for final cut pro X/7/6 editing.
4. If you want to customize the output parameters, you can click settings button and adjust the resolution, bitrate and others according to your need. You can also keep them as default, the format has been optimized.
5. Click convert button to start Sony/Canon/Panasonic MXF TO Apple ProRes conversion.
This top MXF video converter will transcode Sony/Canon/Panasonic MXF to Apple ProRes at a fast speed, video and audio quality is perfectly guaranteed. When the conversion finished, you can load videos to FCP for editing natively. Just take a free try now!
You must be logged in to post a comment.