Sony A7S is the new full frame camera released not long ago, with this camera, you are available to record 4K QFHD output via HDMI, and it will help you to record uncompressed 4:2:2 full HD in XAVC S format or AVCHD format, MP4 format is also available for HD recording.
The sensor of Sony A7S is big, the 35mm sensor with large pixels is good for high ISO and dynamic range, 12.2MP sensor optimized for 4K and low light video recording, with this excellent device you can get top quality video clips.
Many professional users have the need to edit recordings with FCP X on Mac, maybe you also have this need. How to import Sony A7S recorded files to FCP X for editing natively? This is a hot question talked on camera related forums.
Many Sony A7S users have encountered the problems to load Sony A7S XAVC S and AVCHD files to Final Cut Pro X on Mac, the two formats are not supported by FCP X. from Apple Final Cut Pro X official website we know that FCP X best supported format is Apple ProRes codec MOV format, except this format, other formats like XAVC S and AVCHD MTS, they are not supported, you will meet with importing and editing issues.
As we explained above, FCP supports Apple ProRes codec natively, so the best method to edit Sony A7S video with FCP X on Mac is to convert Sony A7S XAVC S and AVCHD MTS files to Apple ProRes codec, Acrok HD Video Converter will help you do the conversion. This program is designed for HD recordings like XAVC S, AVCHD, MTS, M2TS, MXF, MOV, etc. files, it can convert your HD content to any codecs or formats you need, such as Apple ProRes, DNxHD, AVI, MOV, MP4, MKV, H.264, MPEG4, etc.
Now please follow the Sony A7S to FCP X Apple ProRes conversion steps below, you will get your Sony A7S recorded XAVC S and AVCHD videos converted in few steps.
1. Download Acrok HD Video Converter software to your computer’s HDD, install it on your computer. Mac version and Windows version are all available, it is useful tool on the two platforms.
2. After you launched the software, please import the Sony A7S files into it. You can click add button or just drag and drop. You can add batch files one time because batch conversion is well supported by this Sony A7S to FCP X converter.
3. After loading the Sony A7S footages, please select output format which is native supported by Final Cut Pro X. To edit Sony A7S video with Final Cut Pro X, the best is Apple ProRes 422 codec, which is native codec for FCP.
4. If you need to customize the output settings, please press the settings button on the main interface of the Sony A7S to Final Cut Pro X converter.
5. You can do easy video editing with this excellent HD converter, it is so convenient to trim, add watermark, crop clips, add 3D effect, add subtitles, etc.
6. The last step is to click convert button to begin the conversion process.
Now you may have known the way to import Sony A7S XAVC S and AVCHD files to FCP X via converting, please take a free try, there are a lot of users have solved their Sony A7S to FCP X problems, we hope this tool can help you.
You must be logged in to post a comment.