In this article you will learn the easy to import Sony A5000/A6000 camera recorded AVCHD MTS files to imovie for editing on Mac, get the best AVCHD to imovie workflow.
At the spring of this year, Sony is producing some of the most exciting and consistently well performing cameras on the market. It has released so hot cameras like Sony A7, A7R, A5000 and A6000. The Sony A6000 has a similar look and feel to the A7, A6000 features a newly designed 24.3 million pixel APS-C CMOS sensor, the ISO range is 100-25600, and it can help you to record full HD 1080p videos.
“How can I import Sony A6000 recorded AVCHD files to iMovie? I use a MacBook pro with retina screen, today I try to import Sony A6000 files to imovie, but problems always occurred, the software says the format is not supported. I am new to camera recording and don’t know the reason, can you help me?”
In recent weeks, there are some Sony A5000/A6000 users have reported problems that they can’t transfer and load Sony A5000/A6000 AVCHD MTS files to imovie on Mac, and they are seeking for tools or solutions that can solve the problems. In this article, we will explain the reason and offer an effective program for you.
Reason for the issue of Sony A5000/A6000 AVCHD to imovie
Maybe you have also met with the problem, why imovie does not support Sony A5000/A6000 AVCHD videos? This is because AVCHD is a special format, it is wonderful for HD data storing, but not compatible with most editing software, like iMovie, Final Cut Pro X, etc. To imovie, it only supports limited file formats, like MOV, MP4, etc. and Apple InterMediate Codec (AIC) MOV format is imovie best supported format, once you convert Sony A5000/A6000 AVCHD to MOV, you can edit files natively with imovie.
As Sony A5000/A6000 AVCHD format not supported by imovie, the best way is to convert Sony A5000/A6000 AVCHD to imovie best supported format – AIC MOV format, and then you won’t have importing or editing problems anymore. Here please try Acrok HD Video Converter for Mac, this is top Sony A5000/A6000 to imovie converter, it can convert videos to imovie native format, as well as native format for FCP X, Adobe Premiere Pro, Avid Media Composer, etc.
Here are steps to convert Sony A5000/A6000 AVCHD to MOV for iMovie.
1. Download Sony A5000/A6000 AVCHD to iMovie converter from our website, install and launch it on your Mac computer. If you also want to convert Sony A5000/A6000 AVCHD files on Windows, you can try AVCHD Converter Windows version.
2. Import Sony A5000/A6000 AVCHD MTS files to the AVCHD Converter.
3. Click format column and choose AIC MOV format for iMovie, if you want to convert AVCHD on Mac to other formats, just select the format you need, like AVI, MP4, MPG, MKV, etc. (Click here to read convert AVCHD to MKV article)
4. If you want to customize the output parameters, you can click settings button and then adjust them according to your need.
5. The last step is to click convert button to start the conversion.
As you can see, the Sony A5000/A6000 to imovie conversion is very easy, please take a try now, hope this best AVCHD Converter can solve your importing and editing issues.
You must be logged in to post a comment.