Not long ago Sony released the PXW-Z100 4K camcorder, which is mainly for pro shooters. This camcorder can record 4:2:2 10-bit (billions of colors) 4K video at up to 500/600Mbps at 50p/60p using its new XAVC format and high-speed XQD memory cards. Besides, HD recording is also available, it can record HD at 10-bit at a healthy 233Mbps for 50 or 60p video. Sony PXW-Z100 also has some striking features, like HDMI Interface for 4K Output and 3G HD-SDI Interface for HD Output, or Remote Control with WiFi.
“I have just purchased the Sony PXW-Z100 camcorder, and recorded some commercial material for a company, now I need to import Sony PXW-Z100 recordings to final cut pro for editing on Mac, but the FCP seems can’t support Sony PXW-Z100 XAVC video format, can you tell me what’s the best way to import Sony PXW-Z100 video to FCP X for native editing? Thanks!”
If you recorded some videos with Sony PXW-Z100 and want to import the clips to final cut pro X for editing on Mac, you may get problems as showed above. Many pro users like editing videos with FCP X/7/6 on Mac, but the Sony PXW-Z100 recorded XAVC video can’t be supported by final cut pro on Mac, this is due to the video codec program. From Apple final cut pro official page you will see that FCP supported formats are limited, XAVC format is not included. To edit videos with final cut pro X/7/6 on Mac, the best codec is Apple ProRes 422 codec MOV format, so the best way to edit Sony PXW-Z100 video in FCP is to convert Sony PXW-Z100 XAVC to Apple ProRes.
How to convert Sony PXW-Z100 XAVC to FCP Apple ProRes codec?
You can free try our HD Video Converter for Mac software, it is top Apple ProRes converter, with it you can convert Sony PXW-Z100 XAVC video to Apple ProRes perfectly, it’s very easy to use, you can get video footages converted in just few clicks. Now you can follow the guide below to use this Sony PXW-Z100 video converter.
1. Free download Sony PXW-Z100 to final cut pro converter, install and run it on your Mac computer. Besides XAVC video format, this software can also convert MKV, AVI, AVCHD, MTS, MP4, MPG, FLV, MOV and other formats.
2. Run this Sony PXW-Z100 to FCP converter, and then load your recordings to the software.
3. Click format column to choose output format for FCP. As Apple ProRes codec is native codec for final cut pro, just click and choose it. You can also choose other formats according to your need.
4. You can also customize the output parameters, just click settings button on the main interface of the Sony PXW-Z100 video converter, and then you can adjust the resolution, bitrate and other parameters as you want.
5. Click convert button to start the conversion.
This software will convert Sony PXW-Z100 XAVC to FCP Apple ProRes codec at a fast speed, video and audio synchronization is guaranteed. When the conversion finished, you can load converted footages to FCP X/7/6 for editing on Mac. Now you can take a free try, it will help you!
You must be logged in to post a comment.