Sony has just released A7 and A7R camera, which are the first full-frame cameras in Sony’s mirrorless ILC lineup, the two cameras using the established E-mount, A7 equipped with a 24.3 million pixel sensor and A7R has a higher resolution, 36.4 million pixel sensor and no anti-aliasing filter.
Sony A7 and A7R can record full-HD AVCHD MTS format video files, have you used the camera recorded some vivid footages? The A7 camera is easy to take, so it’s great for taking photos and recording. As more and more users got the A7 or A7R camera, video importing and editing problems occurred. Many people have got problems when they want to import Sony A7/A7R AVCHD to Final Cut Pro X/7/6 for editing, now in this article we will share the best way to load Sony A7 video to FCP X/7/6 and edit with native codec.
Why FCP X/7/6 can’t support Sony A7/A7R recordings?
From Apple Final Cut Pro official page you will get the information that FCP best supported video codec is Apple ProRes codec, only videos in this codec can be imported and edited natively. As we know, Sony A7/A7R recordings are in AVCHD MTS format, this format can’t be supported by Final Cut Pro X/7/6, so you cannot import the footages to Final Cut Pro X/7/6 for editing directly?
What’s the best way to load Sony A7/A7R AVCHD MTS to Final Cut Pro X/7/6?
As FCP X/7/6 best supported video codec is Apple ProRes codec, the best way to import and edit Sony A7/A7R AVCHD in FCP is to convert Sony A7 AVCHD to Apple ProRes codec, and then you can import the videos to FCP and edit natively, besides you don’t need to render anymore.
Our HD Video Converter for Mac is top video converter for Sony A7/A7R, with it you can easily convert Sony A7/A7R AVCHD MTS to Apple ProRes codec or other formats, like MKV, MOV, MP4, AVI, DiVx, etc. now you can follow the steps below.
1. Free download this Sony A7 Video Converter for Mac from our website, install and run it on your Mac computer. If you want to convert Sony A7 videos on windows OS computer, you can download the HD Video Converter Window version.
2. Launch this software on your Mac, and then you will see the brief main interface, click load button to import Sony A7/A7R videos to the software for converting, you can also directly drag and drop it.
3. After loading the footages, you need to choose output format, just click format bar and choose Final Cut Pro -> Apple ProRes 422 (*.mov), this is best codec for FCP X/7/6 importing and editing.
4. This Sony A7 video converter has powerful customization feature, you can click settings button to adjust the output parameters like resolution, bitrate and others according to your need.
5. Click convert button to start the Sony A7 AVCHD to Apple ProRes MOV conversion.
This Sony A7 to FCP converter will help you to transcode AVCHD MTS to Apple ProRes at a fast speed, and you don’t worry about the video and audio quality, the conversion is quality lossless. When the conversion finished, you can open the output folder and import the converted footages to Final Cut Pro X/7/6 for native editing.
You must be logged in to post a comment.