“Is there anybody encountered the problem to load GoPro Hero 3 video to Avid Media Composer? I have recorded some full HD videos with the new camera GoPro Hero 3, from its official website I know the software records videos in H.264 codec MP4 format, I load these files to Avid MC only to find the footages can’t be proceed smoothly, the H.264 codec is not so smoothly for editing, what’s the native codec for Avid Media Composer? Please help me, any suggestion is appreciated.”
For users who have tried to load 1080p video from GoPro Hero 3 to Avid Media Composer for editing, you may have found GoPro Hero 3 H.264 video can’t be imported or edited successfully. This is because H.264 is not a native codec for Avid MC on Windows or Mac platform. To import GoPro Hero 3 video files to Avid Media Composer and edit natively, DNxHD codec is your best choice, so in order to edit GoPro Hero 3 with Avid MC, you’d better convert GoPro Hero 3 videos to DNxHD codec MOV format.
This HD Video Converter enables you to convert GoPro video to all sorts of other video formats with excellent output quality, you can get optimized formats for Avid Media Composer, FCP X/7/6, iMovie, FCE, Adobe Premiere, etc. Besides converting GoPro Hero 3 video, the program also allows you to convert common SD and HD videos from one format to another freely. After the conversion, you can import GoPro Hero 3 video to Avid Media Composer for editing smoothly, or transfer converted files to portable devices, or upload to YouTube, Vimeo, etc.
1. Free download GoPro Hero 3 to Avid Media Composer converter, you can download the windows version or Mac version, and then install the program on your computer, launch it as the best GoPro Hero 3 video converter.
2. Import your GoPro Hero 3 recordings to the software, if you have transferred the files from GoPro Hero 3 to computer, you can directly drag and drop the footages.
3. After importing the GoPro Hero 3 H.264 files to the software, you can click format bar to choose the format that you want to output, the best format to edit in Avid Media Composer is DNxHD codec MOV format, so you can just select it. If you also want to convert GoPro Hero 3 video to other formats like AVI, WMV, MKV, MOV, you can choose as you want.
4. In this GoPro Hero 3 video converter, you can adjust the video parameters before convert, click the settings button on the main interface you can customize as you need.
5. You can also trim, crop, add watermark, or adjust effect to the video before convert GoPro Hero 3 files. These editing features are very easy to use.
6. The last step is to click convert button to start the conversion.
This video converter will transcode GoPro Hero 3 files to avid best supported format with top quality and speed, when the conversion finished, you can open the folder to get the files, and then you can load and edit without problems. Please take a free try now!
You must be logged in to post a comment.